Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 6 and 7 Week 1

OK, Day 6's original goal was to run for 25 minutes. The "long" run. However, after some ankle pain from the ankle I had surgery on, I asked around. Sara suggested some strength training ice and heat for a couple days. Because I didn't do the long run this week I am going to do week 1 over again. That way I can build up strength in my muscloskeletal system (Sara used that word, I thought I would try it out too).
So I run again tomorrow-yahoo! I Love to run!!

On a side note, my brother in law runs distance. He told me about this super cool watch that he has. It keeps calories burned, distance ran, heart rate, a map of his run, and all kinds of crazy info. He plugs something from his watch into his computer when he gets home from his run. Then he downloads all the info. Uhm...I want one!

One other side note. Every one keeps telling me to get good shoes. I bought a pair of running shoes last year from the grocery store for 15 dollars. These are the only shoes I have ever had that I liked-besides flip-flops. There is a ton of room for my toes and vents on the sides, so my feet don't get hot. I will be sad to give these shoes up. However, this doesn't have to be done until I get my tax return ;) The new shoes I am looking at are $90. The only other shoes that I ever bought for so much were my Doc Martins, I just had to have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment