Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 4 Week 2

Goal-15 minutes-had to be on the Elliptical again. Tom will be home tonight-hurray. I am looking forward to seeing him, and going for a real run as well. I am thinking of doing week one again, because I don't think you build strength in your muscloskeletal system like you should when your only doing the elliptical as apposed to running. It is a five-week program, so there is plenty of time for this additional training, I just kind of wish I could get off the first week. :)
I also have to be careful because my milk has been disappearing this week. Poor Enoch! He really is such a good and patient baby. I decided to double the water intake. Hopefully this helps, but heavens 2 gallons certainly is a lot to drink!
Also, I had decided that I wasn't doing this for weight loss, so I could still eat whatever I wanted-meaning an excess of junk food. However, I find that after I eat all of that junk-I am not feeling fed. I am still hungry for real food-this has never been the case before with my old sedentary life style. But now I really need the good food. So, I think I will just quite buying the junk, seeing how it does me no good anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Does any one know why it takes so much longer to go a distance on an elliptical?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika! So, I think it's so fun that you are charting your progress on a blog...you and Annette are so inspiring to me. Maybe I'll have to pick a race one of these days. :) As far as the elliptical goes, and it taking longer to go your distance, I would guess it's because you can't go nearly as fast on an elliptical as you can running. Also, when you run, you cover more distance with your stride. An elliptical stride doesn't cover as much distance. When you're on an elliptical, your step moves forward and UP a bit....not at all like when you would be running. Next time you are on the elliptical just think...is this what my strides are like when I run? I think you'll find the answer is no. Anyway...that's my input. You go girl! Keep it up! I hope you have a good run today now that your hubby is back in town.

    ReplyDelete