Sunday, April 4, 2010

First 16 mile run

Well,
This was a long run!! But I did it. My legs hurt, I was physically spent- but I did it. Woo~ I have 2 more 16 milers and 2 more 18 milers, then I taper down for 2 weeks before the marathon. I can't believe I am at this point. It feels so nice to know that I am working toward a goal I started just less than 13 months ago. I am still actively pursuing it. It has changed my life. Thank You Heavenly Father for the goal.
Stamina-16.2 miles
weight loss- 24 lbs since feb, 54 lbs in 13 months.
speed- from 13 minute miles-11 minute miles consistently

Last night when I was on the last 3/4 of a mile. I was tired and sore. I was drained. I kept thinking when I got to the half mile point I would just walk. Then I saw what looked like our car coming down the road. Sure enough in about 30 seconds My sweet boys came to cheer me on. They drove by yelling out the window "Go Mom!" "Moms a marathoner" "you can do it!" "yeah Mom!". Then they drove up the stree t and turned around- to yell for me again. They went home and parked- got out of the car and ran to meet me for the last 50 yards they ran with me. I love my boys! Nearly every day they say "mommies a marathoner". I love my Family!! Thanks for being so supportive daddy and boys. I love you.

1 comment: