Friday, January 22, 2010

Week update

Again I have been running- I can't really get out of it- so I go :)
It has been really good
Because I don't have as much time, I have really been working on getting my time down. I can consistently run 10 minute miles now. So, I can get my 3 mile run done in 1/2 hour. 6 miles in 1 hour ect. This is really good for me! I am happy with the way my body is preforming. At the end of every mile I tell my body good job, and give myself a drink.
I did run an 8 minute mile this week, but I totally exhausted myself, and I had to walk for the rest of the time. So if I continue with 10 minute miles I can finish in 4 hours and 20 minutes. My favorite contestant of all time on Biggest looser is Tara, and she did it in just short of 5 hours. I would be happy with any time between those two. However if I shave another 40 minutes off my time I could always run the Boston marathon later...hmmm
40 minutes is...
9 min would be 26
so 8 would be 52
So if I ran some where between 8 and 9 I could do it
8 minute mile did me in
maybe this is a goal for a different marathon
Though I can't afford to run too many

Thoughts to think. I feel that familiar knot in my stomach that comes when I am about to set a ridiculous goal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment