Saturday, April 25, 2009

Day 1-6 Week 6

OK this is 5K week. Monday-Wednesday no running- I was packing and readying the house for the trip. We left Wednesday night and traveled to Omaha. I spent the entire 6 hours eating the chocolate from Toms work desk-so much for following the Word of Wisdom. We drove till 11:30. The next morning-thursday we got up and drove again. On thursday afternoon Seth was acting up so, for his consequence, we told him to get out of the car. Then Seth and I ran 1.5 miles- about 15 minutes. I was proud of him. And he was perfect for the rest of the trip. We got to Utah at 12:30-middle of the night. On Friday we woke up early- and went to the wedding at 11:00. Then we ate delicous food and wedding cake. I spent the whole day in heals. At about 9 pm, we got back home and I ate a huge peice of wedding cake- maybe two ;) Then I had a hamburger. I stayed up until 1 in the morning. I got up at 6 this morning to get ready for the race. Needless to say, I did not do the ultimate prepping for a 5K.
We got to the 5K registered and waited. At 9 we started running. Allison ran with me and I a good time running with her. She was happy and bubbly- typical Al! She is so fun. She told me all about how she met Curtis and dated and kissed etc. It was fun. SarahLynn- We are running a 10K when I come up again. Come join us!! We had a good run. We for sure weren't first, but we definitly weren't last.
So Fun! And I accomplished my first goal. I feel happy with what I accomplished.
Starting Monday here is my new training schedule
7-Week 10k Training Schedule

Week 1:

Monday - Run 25 minutes, Tuesday - Run 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 30 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 3 miles, Sunday - Off

Week 2:

Monday - Run 30 minutes, Tuesday - Run 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 35 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 45 minutes, Sunday - Off

Week 3:

Monday - Run 40 minutes, Tuesday - Run 3 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 40 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 4 miles, Sunday - Off

Week 4:

Monday - Run 30 minutes, Tuesday - Run 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 35 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 60 minutes, Sunday - Off

Week 5:

Monday - Run 3 miles, Tuesday - Run 50 minutes, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 35 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 70 minutes, Sunday - Off

Week 6:

Monday - Run 20 minutes, Tuesday - Run 3 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 20 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 75 minutes, Sunday - Off

Week 7:

Monday - Run 20 minutes, Tuesday - Run 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Light 20 minute jog, Friday - Off, Saturday - Race Day, Sunday - Off

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good run. Be safe driving up here. Ya coming to see me when you get here?

    ReplyDelete