Thursday, December 29, 2011

24 hours sort of

So, our family started a macrobiotic diet yesterday. Sort of. Last night I cleaned out the cupboards and refrigerator. I decided I couldn't really just throw away all of our cheese and the 6 dozen eggs I bought last week. Last night we had some cheese sandwiches.
A major headache started behind my right eye last night at about 8. 8 o'clock was about 12 hours after I ate my last piece of chocolate/ refined sugar/ flour. The headache got worse over night. It throbbed ached and moved down to my shoulders. My head still hurts and feels heavy this morning. My kids voices seem very loud today. I am happy to just let them watch movies.
In case you decide to go on a macrobiotics diet after eating at least 80% sugar previously, just note that these things I am experiencing are called sugar withdrawals. They are totally normal when detoxing from sugar.
I can expect to feel like this for a few days up to a few weeks. Its worth it. Signing out- I will let you know when the withdrawals are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment