Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Month 1

During this first month, I will "spend some time in the scriptures daily" With pen and paper near by. A lot of times I have said, I don't know where to fit it all in. So, I have decided. Every time I have the urge to "jump on facebook" I will sit down and read a scripture or two. The last three days this has led to some pretty exciting study in faith. Galatians, Alma, and the references from Sister Becks April 2010 conference talk. Loving the study time-and the extra cleaning time. It also comes as perfect timing, as my oldest two have gone to school. Now life is care free! :) So this months training program * spending a little time in the scriptures, will go through October 14th. On October 14th, I will add something else on, continuing to follow the daily scripture routine. I am really excited about this. It is so similar to a marathon training program, where you add a little at a time. With the blogging aspect, I hope to add accountability and hopefully inspire others to improve as well!
During this month I will ponder on what to work on next month. There are so many things to choose from. I am considering things like doing a daily general house cleaning, a four day a week exercise program, weekly temple attendance, 1/2 hour of scheduled "date" time spent with each child daily, some time playing an instrument, etc. So like the title says, there will be 12 things that I make habit during the following year. I will probably blog about it once at the beginning of the month and once at the end- and only during the month if I find the goal needs tweaking.
Here I go, My 12 month make over experience.

2 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me, lady! What a wonderful plan! I'm excited to read about your progress. Maybe I'll have to start a self-improvment regime too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, funnily enough I had an experience that made me start another blog, along the lines of self-improvement.. sort-of. :) If you're interested: http://heyivebeenturnedintoacowcanigohome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete