Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Week 5 day 2

50 minutes running done! oh yeah ran 3 miles yesterday too. I said from the begining I am not doing this for weight loss, but I have been at this since March and I have still not lost a lb. even though I am 70 lbs over weight. I changed my mind. I am going to start a proper nutritional diet and counting calories. I do want to be smaller. I think I will wait until I get back from Puerto Rico. I don't want to give myself any unnesacary guilt trips. I also realized today what kind of trainig will go into a marathon. I am just not sure if I have time to put 20 hours a week into training. I haven't decided what to do about that yet.

I ran 7.1 miles so far this week, training only half done for the week.
The fact that I get myself up every morning before 6, just to go run makes me realize that I am a strong person with self discipline. I am happy to know that.
When I first started training, running 2 miles was hard...now when I have 2 miles left I know I can finish. I also feel like I should pick up my pace, but when I do, I start to get a side ache and I don't go as far- I need to read more about this. At the pace I run now, I feel like I could go forever. I am not sure if it gets my heart rate up, but it hurts and I sweat. Sweating is good right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment